A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Taebo








Yesterday I got to do one of my Taebo workouts ~ with my doctor's permission. I did Taebo Ulitmate Upper Body -
Kickboxing with an upper body focus, for 60 minutes. Upper body focus = less pull on my abs and post surgery area.
I loved it! I could have worked out for another 30 minutes, but I showed restraint. And who has the time??
Sadly, I couldn't do my usual full push ups - they hurt my abs. So I did the push ups on my knees. But I know I'll work back up to full, big boy push ups eventually.
At the end, Billy gave his little motivational talk. Get Fit-Have Fun-Be Strong - Remember the Spirit.
Billy Blanks is a Christian. And his motivational talks reflect this. I was jumping around, dancing and smiling at Billy at the end of the workout and during his little talk.
And, so, yes, my workouts remind me of not doing this, my life, on my own strength but of relying on God.




No comments:


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde