A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, February 2, 2009

Habits!

Thank you, Girls, for the feedback last week....there's a lot to 'mentally digest' and lots of 'sticky notes' to keep in mind.

Last week's goal of 'optimism' went well- repaired some damaged relationships with my kids that I really needed repaired. Happy to have achieved this!

The exercise was not up to scratch again: The work/education schedule only just kicked back in yesterday so I found it hard to get into a routine!


This week's goals: Beating Bad Habits...Establishing Good Habits!

This includes mind sets, physical and emotional.
They say it takes 40 days for ANY habit to set in...good or bad!

1. Physical :
It's been put on a daily schedule list.
Realize I work better when I am locked into time management for part of
my life...or else I go haywire!


General fitness :
Tae Bo workouts
Swimming
Home Gym- weight training here we come!

Balanced and healthy food choices:

Cindy mentioned being in tune with
the body's need for food - Have noticed I am not a 3 big meal a day
person. Going to try smaller, healthy meals and see how I go!

Aim for a healthy, mobile life as opposed to sedentary and frustrated!

2. Mind and Spirit:

No procrastination
Answer: daily/weekly schedule

Want to be a FLYLADY (Finally Loving Yourself)
Cindy's advice about being happy about the things we DO achieve! Leonie
often reminded me of baby steps...baby steps are more achievable!

Really understanding the concept that 'We are the temple of the Holy
Spirit- that embraces mind, spirit and soul

Thanksgiving: This week I'm going to be grateful!
Grateful to God, family, friends....
Grateful for my body and every other area of my
life...need to change the negative focus that has crept
into my life.

Here I go, Girls...these are my week's commitments to myself and one of the things I haven't been doing...is keeping the promises I make to myself...another bad habit that has to go!

God bless!

6 comments:

Leonie said...

How's the habits, the commitments, going??? I'm remembering to do weights tomorrow, after cardio today and yesterday - gotta keep my February challenge up, you know!

Julie said...

So far so good...did Tae boo Basic Training yesterday...am sticking to the schedule until it becomes 'second nature' did some weights just after the Tae Bo and some crunches....It felt goooood...a lot better now that everyone is back to their routines!

Julie said...

Definitely see you tomorrow...we can tete-a-tete (sorry no written accents available)

Leonie said...

Sorry we missed you but so glad you did that Taebo, its a great workout, some cardio and some strength!

Julie said...

Leonie! I actually did the Ultimate Bootcamp right through!!!! The only bits I couldn't do were some jumping jacks after he had done some squat works (my muscles struggling to keep myself standing straight let alone jump...that wobbly wave in the muscles feeling) and the isolated floor leg in and outs! It felt FANTASTIC! I'm sticking to the schedule and it's working out well!
Missed not being able to catch up as well!

Leonie said...

Wonderful! Thats a killer workout, esp in our heat wave...Yesterday I felt a bit blah on waking up and cleaning up, too many things going on. So, I took Cindy's advice to have fun and did a dance workout - Moving To Motown with Tamilee Web from the famous Buns of Steel. It was a hoot! Today I did Workout 2 of Cindy Crawford's Shape Your Body ( weights, low weight, high rep).


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde