A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Reminder

Feeling fat and ugly recently..did a Taebo Advanced Live Workout today..and Billy Blanks, the instructor, reminded me of why I do this..it is not all about looks but also about health..and fitness..and energy..and who I am and how I feel..and learning self control and disciplibe..and smiling ( those endorphins!).

One of Billy Blanks' maxims ~

Get Fit
Be Strong
Have Fun
And put the losing weight part last...

The power of words.

2 comments:

Rachel May said...

Oh that's a good one. How did you know that all that spins through my head is "I'm fat and ugly."?

Leonie said...

We sound like twins - hate that internal dialogue, don't you? But have been more restrained with my eating this week and already feel better. :-)


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde