So I am GREAT about posting when I am doing WELL, eating right, exercising regularly, etc. But I am TERRIBLE about posting when I have fallen off the wagon (I'm bad about that with WW too--I just like going when I know for CERTAIN that I have lost weight-it's the type A/control freak part of me...So I am posting, just to break myself of that bad habit!)
I decided that WW was too much for me to deal with right now, and I am just doing "phase 1" of the Best Life Diet (the extent of which is:
(1) no alcohol (not too hard, I don't drink more than 1 glass a month!);
(2) lots of water (again, easy!);
(3) increase exercise (I decided to increase it to 3x per week, which is not too hard, but I have been a bigtime exercise slacker of late, so I set myself a pretty low goal! Just getting back on it!);
(3) 3 meals a day plus at least one snack (not that hard, but I am trying to make everything intentional, not just grabbing something when the kids are eating, or giving in to the urge for junk food during the kids' naps); and
(4) stop eating 2 hours before bedtime (turns out that this is the lynchpin of my dieting woes!)
So I've been doing really well so far. Having some guidelines is forcing me to be very intentional about what I eat/how I prioritize exercise. But since the guidelines aren't an "all or nothing"/hardcore diet-y kind of thing, I've been feeling a lot more mellow, which makes me think that this can be a longterm thing.
A last point--you are all very inspirational. Thank you for letting me be part of this blog!
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- ► 2009 (56)
- ► 2008 (112)
- ▼ November (11)