A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Women's Health and Fitness


Before my surgery, I picked up a couple of DVD workouts by Women's Health and Fitness.

Today I had an early medical appt and errands with son Alexander, so only had time for a shorter workout. Sigh. And sob!

Picked up Ultimate Fat Burn ; about 40 minutes of cardio and weights. The cardio can be high impact if you like ~ hey, right up my alley. And can also let off agression - you don't wanna know who I was kicking and punching in my imagination during the kickboxing segment! lol!

The weight moves were all compound moves - combining upper and lower body or core.

I really like the instructor, Amy Dixon. Good cueing, an athletic body, she's a mum like me, a nice demeanour.

Not a tough workout ( sadly) but a good workout for days like today. Busy days...

Tomorrow I might do some of another workout in this series ~
The Wedding Workout. Isn't the title a scream? Has cardio, upper body, lower body, core, flexibilty and yoga. You can mix and match segments.

No comments:


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde