A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Today's workouts.


Being Sunday morning, a quiet morning, well, I had more time to workout. We are attending Mass this evening...And I needed to work off last night's margarita, wine and home made rocky road ( a visitor for dinner. :-) ).

I started with a old school dance workout - I love old school music. Think L L Cool J - or in this case, Sugarhill Gang. Sugarhill are the live band in Donna Richardson's Old School Dance Party workout. "So busted", I sang along with the band...
:-)

Loads of fun - I love to dance. This is an oldie but a goodie - I haven't done it for awhile, as its only 45 minutes and intermediate level. But enjoyed myself this morning.

I followed this up with the abs and lower body toning sections from
Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip workout. Don't worry - no strip tease and I don't own her strip tease workouts ( phew!). This is a toning workout, no equipment, just Carmen and her trainer Michael. Very nice and low key.

After this toning workout I added the 10 minutes abs ( or as the DVD says, belly) workout from Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates. This DVD has four 10 minute sections - one "belly", one butt, one legs, one total body. The instructor, Ellen Barrett, has a friendly tone and cues and explains well - something I find really helpful with pilates.

So, all these workouts were "dust bunnies" i.e. workouts I hadn't done for at least a year, if not longer. But together they made a change from my normal routine and a nice long workout session.

And I followed it up with a long nature walk with dh and boys.

No comments:


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde