A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Intentional Eating

Thinking about Nimah's and others recent posts about intentional eating.... I think I am getting better at this.

I used to always worry over what I ate so didn't enjoy the food I did get.... like at feast times such as Thanksgiving and Christmas! And I didn't eat that healthy in non-feast times. So the lines blurred.

I am so much happier with how this Christmas went. I enjoyed my Christmas cookies.. (we baked over 12 dozen and gave most away)-- but I kept it under control. I ate light on Christmas Eve, then on Christmas my dh roasted a wonderful leg of lamb and the boys and I made some new side dishes we had never had before.

I ate and ate and loved every bite!

The yesterday, I drank lots of water, worked out and craved healthy food and ate light.

The light eating on non-feast days makes the feasts that much more awesome.

I kept thinking of what St. Teresa of Avilla is quoted as saying, when asked why she ate a feast of pheasants with such gusto.

"When you pray, pray. When you pheasant, PHEASANT!"

No wonder she is my patron saint... lol

1 comment:

Rachel May said...

You know what I like about this? That it is a reminder that balance doesn't have to mean that we are ridgidly in control of ourselves at all times, but that we can ebb and flow in our habits, eating, exercise, and still keep things from going out of whack.


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde