A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bragging rights?

This is a quick thank you for motivating for me to do something to get my body moving when I'm mostly motivated to wish it weren't Lent so I could eat sugar and more sugar and sit on the couch and watch TV. Today, feeling huge at 37 weeks 6 days, I did 40 min of prenatal yoga and swam a VERY slow 1/2 mile (however I did beat the guy in the lane next to me a few times which I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that he had already had been swimming for a long time before I got there). I pumped myself up by thinking about how I could come and share here about this "huge" accomplishment, LOL, and then I worked on humility by remembering that both my midwife and Elizabeth Foss swam DURING labor.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, Rachel I am so glad you shared!

That is a major accomplishment. Whatever is the challenge for us atm, is the one to go for.

I am so proud of you for getting out there and I know you must miss sugar during Lent, especially now.

Good job!

(and don't compare yourself to your midwife or Eliz Foss! You will go nuts! lol)

Leonie said...

Good for you on the swim! take care of yourself!!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde