A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Workouts




I've been sick lately, so mostly doing easier workouts. Or Advanced workouts, but for only half the time. Walking it out a bit.

So, it felt good to be back in the swing this morning, before Friday Mass. I did Taebo Advanced Live 7 ~ some great ab and glute and legwork, after the warm up and stetches, then kickboxing for cardio, kicks and punches. Fun music, too. "Riding on the Metro" by Berlin "Boogie Fever" by the Sylvers. "Be Who You Wanna Be." Some rap....

I love music in workouts.

My doctor told me, on Wednesday, to take it easy - I have to remind myself of this, as I tend to like to push myself in workouts. Esp when I can get ino the music groove!

( I am laughing at myself so its okay,you can laugh, too. ).

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Leonie-
I am so sorry you have been sick. I know how frustrating it is not to workout, and moreso to be ill. I hope you get well very very soon.

And it feels so good to workout, even at half pace... so glad you did!

Praying for a quick recovery for you!

Leonie said...

Thank you, Cindy - I think the medication is starting to kick in!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde