A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, April 16, 2007

Houston Checking In

Well, I have not posted in a while.

Here is the short version:

Still working out 4-5 times a week.
Still eating enough to make up for the workouts and more. lol

Ok, a bit more detail.

I am back on program with my small Personal Training class, with Madame Diane as our drill sergeant, I mean instrcutor. I fell off the wagon and all that strenght I built up last year started to waver. When I went back to PT I felt like this elephant seal I just saw in a nature DVD. Big and no strength!

But, I have kept at it. I have been doing PT 2 times a week again and just making it work in my schedule. Plus, my Lighthouse work has slowed so that helps. Last week I turned a corner. Today I felt STRONG.

Do you all know what planking is? I could only do it for 10-15 seconds at a time when I started with Diane.

Today she us doing full minute planks and I was ready for more!

I am also totally burned out on the Jazzercise format. I love the people. I love the PT (which is not Jazzercise, but a full hour of non-choreographed strength training). So, after PT today I scooted over to the Y for a low impact class. I purposely chose the 'small' room.. (as the attitude in the big one was rather snobby last time..?) And I loved the class. I worked so hard, and their AC worked really great (a big priority for pre-menopausal me) and at the end she did toning exercises.

She had us plank... for 10 seconds at a time! Other women were moaning and griping, but after Diane's planking all these months, it was a piece of cake.

That does not happen often, but is fun when it does. A great workout day.

So, I think for a while I will do PT on M/F and do the Y class aerobics for my other workouts, until I am not so tired of the Jazzercise format. I feel really loyal to Jz because you really get to know the people there. But I realized you GOTTA have vareity or you will burnout.

Ok.. end of my post. I found some interested articles on eating and addiction I will post if I can find them again on our Wonderful Wide Web... :)

Hope you all are doing well!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

I'm with you on the variety - cross training is good for our minds and our bodies. :-)


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde