A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Workouts




I've really been enjoying my old Taebo Advanced Live workouts - each are 60 minutes of cardio, kickboxing, some have floorwork, all have super sing along music. And I sing along ( sorry, family! lol!).

These are OOP and I only have a few but am always looking out for more, secondhand. I just love them!

But today, I decided on something different - did Turbo Jam Punch Kick Jam. About 50 minutes of kickbox and dance to old school music. Also fun! This particular workout includes a capoeria section and also muscle work with a resistance band. Stretches are all yoga and tai chi.

However, I didn't feel fully worked at the end - I enjoyed myself but felt I could "give some more". You know?

I dragged out a new workout DVD - Prevention's 3-2-1 Circuit Routine, with Chris Freytag. I did three of the circuits - each circuit is 6 minutes, with 3 minutes of cardio, 2 minutes of focused strength training and 1 minute of abs.

Loved the whole caboodle - both workouts put together. All of one, part of the other. Mix and match!

You can read a review of the Prevention workout here.
How are you all fitting in workouts? I know it can be challenging with a family and littlies, or while pregnant. :-) Maria, how is it going without the pool? How are you feeling Rachel? Anne? Others?

No comments:


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde