This week I am resolving to do some things a little differently. I feel good that I have made it to two doctor's appointments, given the fact that I haven't been to any in 5 years! That's progress for me! So now I am feeling slightly inspired. So this week I want to:
1. Drink more water.
2. Eat five fruits and veggies each day (this involves some real meal planning. First I am going to clean out my disgusting fridge, so that I can actually stock it with fresh fruits and veggies.)
3. I am reading a really inspiring book entitled Strong Women Stay Young, by Miriam E. Nelson. Basically it is all about strength training for creaky, middle-aged women like me! So at least once this week, I want to do the strength training program outlined in the book to see if it hurts my knees and hip. I figure it will be an exploratory exercise session. I need to find what will truly work and instead of latching onto something and then having it not work out, I decided to put myself in the mindset that I am trying things out to SEE if they work. That way, if they don't, I won't feel like a failure, it'll be the exercise program that just didn't suit me!
4. Make an appointment to get my knee and hip x-rayed.
5. Check in with this blog more. I need to be around you ladies more so I can be inspired!
Right now I am off to buy ankle weights. Dh is staying home with the kids. I am going to Sports Authority and Crate and Barrel. I need to get stuff to organize my pantry. And I am going to treat myself to dinner out. Something healthy like a salad!
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- ► 2009 (56)
- ► 2008 (112)
- Walkin' in the Rain!
- Now I know what DOMS is....
- CK's Goals for Week of 2/25
- Making Progress
- Pulling Myself Up By My Bootstraps
- Exercising Creatively!
- Verify! ARGH!
- Ab work
- Food Is Our Friend- and workout vision
- Vitamin D..
- Eating tips for Valentine's Day ..
- Something to Sleep On......
- No wonder I'm so tired!
- A walking journal
- Don't Look!
- Bloggy Business...
- Baby, baby steps!
- And Now For Something Completely Different..lol
- Check in..
- The New Me :)
- Me, again!
- Cindy Crawford workouts
- Weigh In
- Checking In--
- ▼ February (27)