A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Me, again!

Hi all,

I keep forgetting to come here because I have to go through Internet Explorer which I don't usually use because I don't get my e-mail on it. Anyway! I am still struggling to get even the basics started up. I did go to my OB/GYN and he did say that I am suffering from perimenopausal symptoms which is why I am so tired yet can't sleep. He is worried about my thyroid so he took blood and I go back next week. Today, I am supposed to have a general physical with a new doctor. I am convinced I have arthritis. I really need a diagnosis and then a gameplan for dealing with it. I keep trying to do some exercise and then wind up hobbling around for a few days. Yesterday I played ping pong with kids for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and all night my right hip and knee were aching (another reason it is hard to sleep! Can't get in a comfortable position!). I am thinking I really need to make time for myself (don't know how) and start doing some water aerobics at a local recreation center. It is just that I already feel overwhelmed by all the running around we do. I was hoping to be able to do simpler stuff at home. I don't even own a bathing suit at the moment! And even though today I am supposed to go to the doctor's, it snowed during the night. I am a nervous driver anyway, and not brave in snow. Added to that is the fact that my husband is out of town for the week so if anything happens to the car, I am on my own for dealing with it. My neighborhood is in an area where all the roads are narrow, hilly and windy. Not good for ice and snow. Sometimes they plow right away and sometimes they don't! So I might not even be able to make it to the doctor's today.

I have been doing a little purusing of dvds that focus on exercising programs for people with arthritis, though for some reason I feel silly buying one before I have any official diagnosis.

So pray for me you all!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

I hope your medical appts go okay. And, at the risk of sounding preachy, I encourage you to find all the time you can to fit in a workout - you'll feel better and be better in the long ter. Is there something you can drop? Even a household task like not cooking dinenr once or twice a week - have andwiches or kids cook or something. Anything for your health and mental fitness. :-)

Yesterday I did a weights workut - Get Ripped with Jari Love. One of the participants said she had arthritis but her knees in particular were better after the strengthening of doing Get Ripped three times a week.HTH! Saying a prayer for your diagnosis...


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde