Hello, everyone! I have been viewing this blog for a few weeks now (and have been inspired, although not inspired enough to get off the computer and actually EXERCISE, so here's hoping that making myself accountable through posting will change all that :-)).
So here's my introduction: My name is Niamh (pronounced NEE-iv), I have two fabulous children (the youngest of whom is 18 months old, the elder is 3 3/4), a wonderful husband who just turned 40 this past week (and is thus inspired to have a lifestyle change himself) and a 2-year old english bulldog (genetically chubby, with no plans to change ;-)). I have about 10 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight. My goal, however, is less about weight loss (although lets not kid ourselves here, I'd have a small party for myself if I lost the last 10 pounds!) and more about getting strong and fit (I've only been really fit once before in my life, and it was only for about a year, and it involved going to the gym regularly but with a horribly cranky attitude towards the whole thing...lean but exceedingly mean ;-). Also, I want to work on my eating habits, because they have always trended heavily towards carbs and chocolate. :-)
(1) I picked up Rachel's recommended book about running and was TOTALLY inspired, so I am going to sign up for a 5K (several months from now) and work towards that (I always need some sort of external motivation)!
(2) I am going to make myself accountable re: healthy eating. I will start a food journal and occasionally report in re: said food journal :-).
So I have a question for the group (Trying to develop a system. A girl needs her systems :-)). When does everyone find time to exercise? During the day? After the kids have gone to bed? Before they wake up? With them? Any tips for fitting it in?
I am looking forward to being part of the group. :-) Thanks for inviting me!
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- ► 2009 (56)
- ► 2008 (112)
- Need Motiviation
- More pool activity
- Pool and Biking
- Sharing some fitness sites...
- Old Fashioned Work out
- Running and Spinning
- Pain and Gain
- New "Plan"
- Taebo Elite
- Ebbing at the moment
- Can you all do me a favor?
- Wishes for a Speedy Recovery to Leonie
- "Body Clutter" Book Review
- Bikes, Turtles, Blades and Burritos
- Elegant Simplicity
- How do you journal?
- What makes your heart sing?
- Introduction (at last!)
- When do you exercise??
- Race For the Cure
- Summing it Up...
- ▼ June (21)