I have been in a funk mentally lately. But still been working out! And my eating has been very mindful, until yesterday and visitors! Uh oh..
Mindful eating, not dieting? Nice articles here. Ten principles.....
1. Reject the Diet Mentality
2. Honor Your Hunger
3. Make Peace with Food Call a truce, stop the food fight! Give yourself unconditional permission to eat.
4. Challenge the Food Police .Scream a loud "NO" to thoughts in your head that declare you're "good" for eating under 1000 calories or "bad" because you ate a piece of chocolate cake.
5. Respect Your Fullness Listen for the body signals that tell you that you are no longer hungry.
6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor The Japanese have the wisdom to promote pleasure as one of their goals of healthy living
7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food Find ways to comfort , nurture, distract, and resolve your issues without using food.
8. Respect Your Body Accept your genetic blueprint.
9. Exercise--Feel the Difference
10 Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition
Also have been reading about the importance of cross training, and of weight training for women, especialy as they get older. So, I thought I should probably change up my routine a bit.
Saturday, instead of Taebo, did a FIRM weights workout. Sunday and today , instead of Taebo, did Turbo Jam - still kickboxing but with an anaerobic drill and capoeria.
Going to plan not to pick at food when tired after work this evening!
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- Self Esteem
- February Challenge?
- ...This week...Positive is the key word!
- .....The Holiday is OVER...now I have to deal with...
- A Good Thing
- Check In
- So, how's your week?
- This week--even though it's Tues
- More reflecting on the challenge... :)
- Reflecting on the Challenge
- A week in review
- Another Update
- New stuff is hard stuff
- Sat., Jan 3
- January 3
- January 2
- Leonie's Challenge Update
- Day One!
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2007 (251)