A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Intro and a "plan"

Hi Everyone,
I "know" a lot of you from 4Real. I am a 43 year old mom of ds(9), dd(4) and d-puppy(1).
I am restarting my healthy lifestyle. I used to be VERY concerned with nutrition and exercise(my dh and I met at a triathlon!) Then I started my new career, and life has taken over :)
I am motivated again. So here is my plan. I will report back in a week or so. I started the Bestlife diet back in November. I am still in Phase 1. I am trying not to be discouraged. I have a problem with chocolate and sweets. I am going to try to move to Phase 2 in the next 2 weeks. I just need to be consistant.
Exercise--I enjoy my treadmill so will try to get on it for 15 minutes of walk/jog 2 days per week. On the weekends I have been getting out in the early am with the puppy for a 2 mile walk each morning--I want to continue that--it is my only alone time. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I hope to weight train with the Weight Training for Dummies video--it is like having a trainer there :)
My goals are to lose some inches, get a better mood, and be able to move better and keep up with my kids. It is hard having been so active when younger, to be getting old and not keep moving. You do lose it :)
Thanks for letting me join you all!!
Anne

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Welcome Anne!

Your goals sound great and I look forward to hearing about your ups and downs.. and hopefully lots more ups!

Your morning walks with the puppy sound delightful. What kind of dog is it? I wish my dogs had longer legs.. they are dachshunds and way too slow... lol

The treadmill is great to have around- it is ready anytime. Glad you are here!

Cindy said...

P.S. Anne, did you see the cartoon in the left sidebar with the dog on the treadmill? It made me think of you! :)

mom2mpr said...

Thank you for the welcome Cindy!
I have a yellow lab puppy and am hoping to be able to run with her in the future. She eats leashes right now-already destroyed 3 retractables :&. I have seen the cartoon and wish that during the winter months I can get her on the treadmill :) I finally have ds on it--it is wonderful!!

Cindy said...

That is great your son is on the treadmill... my boys enjoy ours, too.

Oh a yellow lab.. what wonderful dogs! She will give you lots of wonderful walking hours in the future.. but it is hard when they are puppies and feel a peronal vendetta to bite the leash! lol

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Congratulations!

I look forward to your efforts, which in my book, is called progress!

God Bless!

Leonie said...

Hi Anne - so glad you could join us!

Wow, triathlons!!

Your plan sounds very good, a super mix of weights and cardio. Keep us posted on how it is going.

Is that Best Diet book the Bob Greene one?

mom2mpr said...

Leonie,
Yes. I am trying the Bob Greene Bestlife diet. It is nice and gentle and not a lot of work.


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde