A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, May 21, 2007

Taebo - and surgery


I have been doing Taebo workouts these last few days - Fat Blasting Cardio yesterday and Billy's Favourite Moves today. Not super hard workouts but fun . Mind you, I can remember when these felt harder so I must be getting fitter day by day, huh?

On a side note, I have to go in for surgery next week ( June 1), to remove a uterine polyp and for exploratory surgery re possible uterine/ovarian cancer.Prayers and happy thoughts most appreciated. I asked the doctor when I can get back to working out after the surgery - he said when I feel up to it, probably after a week. I can't imagine a week without working out so hope I'll be up and at it a lot sooner! lol!
My kids said - the doctor sure doesn't know you, mum - you can't live without working out! They know me well. :-)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, you are getting fitter, Leonie! Isn't it fun when something that used to be hard is not anymore?

I am praying for your surgery. Of course that it is quick and easy and they find nothing we don't want them to... and that you will soon be back to working out and 100%.

If you start healthy and fit, the recovery time is much shorter, so you are in a very good place to start. :)

Elena LaVictoire said...

Don't push it Leonnie! You are so much fitter now that you can probably miss a few weeks without losing much of your fitness level. I will pray for you too and hope everything check out great!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Leonie,

You definitely have my prayers!

Sending cyber hugs, too!

Leonie said...

Thanks for happy thoughts, guys.
:-) I am loving my extra taebo and turbo jams this week, in case I have to take a bit of time off. Working out is like reading to me - I can't imagine a day without either! lol!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde