A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Running the Numbers: Lap 2

OK, quick summary. Between talking to Bill and chatting with WW, I figured out a couple of places that I've been shorting myself food now that I am maintaining my weight. I really should be eating about 2200 cal a day. So, WW is not keeping me at an unhealthy caloric intake; I wasn't doing the plan correctly since I haven't gone to a meeting since I've started maintaining. Good, because I've always thought of WW as a plan that works with your lifestyle, teaches you good eating habits, and helps you lose weight at a good rate without gimmicks. BTW, did you know that to lose 1 pound per week, you need to cut your caloric intake by 3500 cal/week? I didn't!

Here's what I ate today, Very Hungry Caterpillar style: toast with butter, coffee, milk, sugar, 1/2 cantalope, more coffee, pasta with meat sauce, fresh spinach, fresh tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, orange, PB and banana sandwich, more coffee, salmon, rice, salad dressing, salad, lots of water and 2 scoops of ice cream on a sugar cone.

Caloric intake: approx 2200 cal. :)

I also had a great 1/2 mile swim, went to Mass with the kids, prayed 4 decades of a rosary (in the pool), prayed the Breastplate of St. Patrick a few times and started to memorize it with Cecilia (a great teaching tool, by the way), and there will be evening prayer and Sunday's mass readings before bed.

I promise a shorter post nest time!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

I'm glad you got it sorted it out - your day sounds fun, busy,and with yummy food!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde