A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Girls Just Wanna have Fun!


This week's log.


Hmmm..Not sure about goals this week...But I want to keep up the emphasis on kickboxing and cardio..And I need some weight or resistance work ( I've seen my arms!)....And I want to have fun in my workouts...Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!


Sunday A weight workout, late afternoon, after a busy but great day at our church's 25th celebration. The FIRM TransFIRMation ~ Hard Core Fusion. Aussie readers - this set, with weights, is available for sale right now at Big W!


Monday Kickbox, dance, capoeira, cardio. Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1


Tuesday Another Turbo Jam - Kickin ' Core - 30 minutes higher impact kickbox cardio, 15 minutes strength and ab work - I used a weighted medicine ball...
Wednesday The Firm Pump Jump n Jab Around the 40 minute mark, kickbox intervals alterated with dumbbell resistance work. Finishes with push ups, planks, ab work. Nice one!
Thursday Turbo Jam Punch Kick and Jam 50 minute workout, more athletic and less dancy kickboxing than other TJ workouts. I love how the music in TJ is real music, not canned techno stuff, and how it is geared to the routines. A capoeria section, then capoeria legwork and some work on form with or without a resistance band.
My eating has been up the creek. I am eating irregularly, at odd times, missing meals, not always making the best selections - like cake for a very late breakfast two days in a row and no proper dinner two nights in a row - just a mandarin or cheese and crackers. HMM. Really, Really Need To Get Back Into A Better Eating Routine.
Julie, how's your eating plan going?

1 comment:

Julie said...

One word....uggggghhhh!
Shucks...that's not even a word, huh!
I have tried to reduce portions but because I haven't been exercising much I really feel 'blah'!

Noticed that the last couple of weeks when I was excercising, I actually was not feeling very hungry at all!

I've written out a schedule again this week incorporating the new school and homeschool activities...ready to take the plunge again!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde