I got back into running in September by starting with a running partner who is a homeschooling mother of 5. We meet two mornings a week to run and share ideas although the huffing and puffing has cut down on the talking. Nancy found a program that eased us into running with 1 mi jogs followed by 2 min brisk walks alternating for 5 sets. Then it was 2 min runs...then 3 min. Weekend runs were on our own, but I've managed to make all of mine. :)
My first Oct run was yesterday and afterward I sat down to look over what I've accomplished. In September I ran 3 times a week for 4 weeks, and yesterday I easily ran 2 miles seperated by a 1/4 mi walk. I'm feeling pretty good, and this morning I treated myself to a plain, grande coffee from Starbucks after my run. On the chilly walk home with my hands warmed by the coffee and my nose full of the scent of paper cup, I pondered what habit I could gently add in this month. No decisions yet. Perhaps making sure I get my (breastfeeding mom's) 8 servings of fruit/veg a day?
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Working out and weight loss
- Video Fitness
- Had to share this one!!!!!
- I don't do that any more!
- OMG! Sore bu**
- ....Sound off...one...two...Recommit..three..four!...
- Workout Update
- Worse for Wear!
- Girls Just Wanna have Fun!
- YES!... I DID IT......NOW...I'M EXCITED !
- Leonie's Workout Log
- Operation Cut The Fat....out!
- Whatever Process You are Following is Perfect for ...
- Cindy's Exercise Plan for Week of Oct 4th
- Now...I'm angry...this is war against fat!
- Kicked it at my workout this morning!
- Hi Yall
- September Summary
- Enough with the excuses!
- Cindy's Log Week of Sun Sept 29th
- Workout Log Week of Sun Sept 29
- Hey, guys!
- ▼ October (23)
- ► 2007 (251)