A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Had to share this one!!!!!

Just had to share THIS...a little milestone in my battle with the bulge!

I lost 2 kilos!

Weighed myself reluctantly this morning....thinking...I'm not going to get caught up in the often too regular scale heckling, I'm accustomed to...but...I had to have a peak. Last week my 'get up and move' bubble was burst many a times, including an encounter with the scales that showed a gain of 1 kilo!

Today, however, I savour the sweet entree of success that my workouts have bought me!

I feel so bad that I didn't perservere more last week.

It's been three weeks since venturing into this new Workout Lifestyle and Week 2 was a real fizzler!

I haven't been able to change my diet at all....so, for the most part...it's been the EXERCISE! Funny how Leonie just brought up the subject in her post today! Thought...SHAZZAM...when I read it!

I know fad diets are a NO NO...but...a friend suggested I try the Japanese Morning Banana Diet, which is supposed to activate the metabolism....so I tried it yesterday and did ok...didn't feel hungry most of the day - then again I really got into 3 workouts during the day - putting the " old veg out" time to doing the dvds!

Apparently, in having just banana and water at room temperature (yeah yuck) for breakfast (you can eat as much banana as you like), it's supposed to kickstart your metabolism. You can basically eat all you want all day, within reason, right (trying to steer away from desserts) and as long as your last meal is eaten before 8pm and you go to sleep before 12, this start to your day is meant to make a difference with your ability to metabolize your food..........despite criticism....there are a lot of people losing a lot of weight.

Since I'm not a big breakfast eater......I'm giving it a try!

So here I go......resolved to continue this commitment to see change in my body...GOOD CHANGE! HOOOORAY!!!!!!

........All I want is a waist for Christmas...........sigh

2 comments:

Leonie said...

congrats on the weight loss!

Julie said...

Thank you Leonie!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde