I ran across the above profoundity somewhere on line as I was surfing health/diet/exercise.
This spoke to me and convicted me, too! I made a little sign and posted it on my fridge.
As I stand there looking at the words I realize just where I am now, with health and weight and fitness really is just the perfect reflection of the 'process' my body has been through as of late. My body does not play tricks with me, it just naturally reflects what I put into it and how much I move it.
That strips away the 'magic' of this diet or that one. There is no secret formula or mojo to make a diet work. It simply reflects how I live.
I think it also helped me to stop beating myself up because I didn't follow a strict diet or exercise plan. It made me see this is a process.
And, I realized too, that if I had not done all the good I HAD done, that I would be more out of shape and heavier. I am doing good things, too and my body notices those!
So, anyway, I liked this. It was honest and convicting but not negative.. and helps me continue to see this is a process and about long term habits. And slip ups are allowed. That is life!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Working out and weight loss
- Video Fitness
- Had to share this one!!!!!
- I don't do that any more!
- OMG! Sore bu**
- ....Sound off...one...two...Recommit..three..four!...
- Workout Update
- Worse for Wear!
- Girls Just Wanna have Fun!
- YES!... I DID IT......NOW...I'M EXCITED !
- Leonie's Workout Log
- Operation Cut The Fat....out!
- Whatever Process You are Following is Perfect for ...
- Cindy's Exercise Plan for Week of Oct 4th
- Now...I'm angry...this is war against fat!
- Kicked it at my workout this morning!
- Hi Yall
- September Summary
- Enough with the excuses!
- Cindy's Log Week of Sun Sept 29th
- Workout Log Week of Sun Sept 29
- Hey, guys!
- ▼ October (23)
- ► 2007 (251)