A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, January 22, 2007

DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Yesterday I felt deliciously sore in parts of my upper and lower body - I have to admit to liking some DOMS. :-) Simply because they mean I 've had a great workout, challenging myself.

Why the DOMS? I was using the overtaining principle with weights - this helps with fat loss and muscle definition and endurance.

Saturday I completed a FIRM Classic - Volume 1, aerobic weight training.

Sunday was Taebo Total Body Blasting - intervals of cardio ( Taebo) and resistance work. And swam laps at the pool with dh and the boys.

Monday I did the FIRM Volume 1 again.

Hence the DOMS.

This meant it was time for cardio today - did Taebo Cardio Circuit 2, 55 minutes of Taebo with circuits for upper body/lower body/abs/total body.

I was dancing around a bit and letting loose between some of these circuits ~ those endorphins, you know! lol!

(Laughs at self).

Shelley ( BB's dd) mentions at the end of this workout that it's not just physical but also spiritual - we work on the inside and the outside follows.

A nice thought..

8 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Leonie - this is one of the best feelings for me!

I love it!

Leonie said...

:-)

Hey, why not join s on the blog!

Cindy said...

I really like that, too and it never fails I am really sore after a PT session. Fun post.

Maria.. come on board, would love to have you. I got my pedometer in the mail (like $12) and want to see how much activity I can add in non-dedicated workout time. Walks to the park count!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I'm only a walker, though due to life circumstances....what do you think????

Rachel May said...

I think walking counts. In fact it's great because it's a way to balance fitness with the rest of your life.

Leonie, I'm a big wimp. Some days I can take the DOMS, but other days I reach for the motrin.... :(

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Oh, soon I'll be a swimmer - MY FAVORITE!

Ok, I'll join...you want to sign me up?

Cindy said...

Hi Maria..

I sent you an invite.. let me know if you need any help or don't see it in your email.

Glad to have you join us!

Anonymous said...

Men and women lifters are really searching for the best area to learn more. Many have never thought being online with others who keep comprehensive knowledge about which creatines and proteins to buy in order to burst with results. This is because weightlifting is a sport, and with any game you go where the fanatics are to discover about it! To hear more about Female Weight Training

To push the point even further, you may be able to go on and take advice from a personal trainer about proper techniques but their noesis will be exclusively be so overwhelming and voluminous. In order to find out you must go where others talk in a group to discover about one study. This is because a individual bad lift or supplement can cause failure everything you have so long worked so long for already. Even more so, there are very few groups
and places you can go in order to converse about steroids and new drugs used in lifting.

But still if weightlifting and increasing muscle is not what you are digging for, many Weight Loss Programs are around solely for people to discover how to get rid of those unnecessary five pounds, and with the society of today it seems everyone is going to be larger and fatter. So no concern who you are in the end, obliging to a fit diet and the appropriate exercises can play all the difference!


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive