A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Friday, January 26, 2007

Workout check in. :-)

Haven't updated my workouts for awhile - how have you all been going with your swimming/walking/other workouts?

Cindy, it sounds like your Jazzercise has been fun and also hard work.

Since Wednesday, my workouts ~

Wed - Turbo Jam Punch, Kick, Jam - 50 minutes of kickboxing, a bit of shaking and grooving and some very fun, effective capoeira ( A Brazilian form of martial arts and dance combined).
Thurs - the Hollywood Trainer Cross Training. This set is on sale at Amazon, $US 12.99 for 7 workouts!.btw I only have two workouts in the set - Cardio Sculpt and Cross Training. The Cross Training was good for me to shake things up - about 10 mins kickboxing, 10 minutes cardio sculpt with light weights ( I used 3 kg - about 6 1/2 lbs) and then 20 minutes of pilates and yoga.
Fri - Australia Day and Jonathon's birthday! Did Taebo : Billy's Favourite Moves. 45 minutes.
Sat - today! I did Taebo again - an old Advanced Live ( number 6, with a cardio, form and standing abs focus for 60 minutes).

We've also been walking and swimming and bike riding and doing housework withn the kids - its summer here and been pretty hot...Oh, and we've been eating out for J's birthday!

2 comments:

Rachel May said...

Leonie, you are an amazing inspiration! I'm not very coordinated, so video workouts are a real challenge for me, but you make them sound so fun, I think I'll order one off Netflix (I overcame that no VCR problem :0).

I did get a swim on Wed and a short swim on Fri. I lost 3 lbs last week, yeah! This blog is really helpful. :)

Leonie said...

Three lbs - thats over 1 kg! Wow!

Try a Basic Taebo, to get the moves. :-)


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive