A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, January 22, 2007

Food stuff.

I was wondering if we could share some healthy meal ideas? Good for health, taste and weight. :-)

I'll start with a favourite breakfast recipe - sons Thomas and Greg and myself love this. I got this from Bill Phillip's "Eating for Life"

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal

P.S. You can leave out the chocolate - its just there for extra taste and to make you feel wicked! lol!

For each person -
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon cocoa or drinking chocolate
1/2 - 1 tablespoon reduced fat peanut butter
1 cup water
Opt - scoop protein powder.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for two minutes on High. Serve with skim ( fat free ) milk. Very, very nice - you feel like you are eating dessert for breakfast but you are also getting fibre and protein. It's very filling and is my reward breakfast when I am hungry after a tough workout. :-)

3 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Thank you for this recipe!

I'm going to give it a try!

Leonie said...

We love it!

Cindy said...

Yum, sounds good.

I have found several WW recipes that the boys really like. Will post some when I have a min.


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive