A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, January 15, 2007

Workout Plan for the Week

My usual workout for the week is 5 Jazzercise aerobic classes (one usually being step) and one to two PT classes. (These are semi private personal training classes offered by Jazzercise- one solid hour of stength training).

On my off days, I am still going to work out- treadmill for 30 min, a tape, or enough strength training to get my hr up.

This week is a bit off as we expect an ice storm ? to hit and may not have classes Tues and Weds.

So, my plan is this:

Today: Jazzercise and 30 min of extra strength training (tape or on my own)
Tuesday: Leonie's Billy Blanks tape
Wednesday: Jazzercise or Billy Blanks
Thursday: Jazzercise followed by PT
Friday: Jazzercise (if feeling over trained, then do it light or do treadmill)
Saturday: fast walk or treadmill
Sunday Jazzercise class (wonderful evening class)

My eating- well I got off ww and the counting and fell back into some of my bad habits.

I am wishing I could do like I did in college-- I just did it and didn't have to think so hard about it.

I know we have the food around here.. and I dont' want to deprive my sons, who eat in moderation. But we have had chips around lately. I need to have some snacks around that are healther and I like as much as chips!

So I have put some pounds back on and it is time to regroup.

I have the exercise part down! It is the eating.... :(

2 comments:

Leonie said...

In BFL for Women, Dr Peeke says we wmen have a tendency to over analyse and to suffer angst about our decisions. She said, when it comes to fitenss and good nutrition, we should take up the motto - just do it! It doesn't have to be perfect r the best way - just do it bit by bit! very helpful for me..

Cindy said...

Yes, I can see that, Leonie. It is like mind clutter. I think I will post a new entry on this.


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive