A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Friday, January 26, 2007

Spirituality of Sport

This book looks interesting.. has anyone read?

I am becoming more and more interested in weaving our faith into the exercise of our bodies. There is so much negative out there in terms of weight loss and exercise.. trying to achieve that Perfect 10 and all the pressure that goes with it.

God gave us these beautiful bodies to take care of, created in his image. I wonder if this book addresses that? And marrying spirituality with fitness...?

4 comments:

Leonie said...

I think the books sounds inteesting - I know my faith and my fitness are intertwined....And BB incorpoates the two in his fitness words and workouts....

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit so it's only right that we take care...

John Paul II modeled this so wonderfully, don't you think?

The 2nd anniversary of his passing is coming on April 2 - I can't believe it!

Anonymous said...

I think there is a book out on there on JPII and sports. I saw it last time I was at a Catholic bookstore.

Rachel May said...

Ha! I have that book on my shelf, but I haven't read it. I think I'll move it to my pile.


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive