A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mind-Mind-Body-Spirit

Today as I was driving home from the library (mind) and passing the beautiful park where I walk/jog (body) and my parish church (spirit) on the way to the grocery store (body) I thought about the mind-body-spirit areas of my life and how each are being filled.

I realized that for me, the mind part really is in two areas. 1- intellectual. 2-emotional. I keep spirit mostly to faith and God, so emotional is more in mind.

As I drove I started talleying up what is in each area of my life. I realize I have such a beautiful life and really am blessed. Here is some of what I came up with. (no particular order)

Where are you in each area atm.. mind-mind/body/spirit?

Mind-emotional:
My husband, my sons.
My wonderful close friends IRL.
My aquaintences IRL.
My workout buddies.
My neighbors
My mail-lady, guy at the deli and other people around me.
My online support
My ext'd family.

Mind-intellectual:
Researching resources for my boys and I keep learning, learning, learning
My Lighthouse Catholic CD business, business, professional, learning, meeting.
Dogsitting business, marketing, invoicing, pricing, etc.
Learning- knitting, painting
News in paper, web, tv.
Discussions with family and friends
Contintuing to learn more about the faith.

Body-
Jazzercise 4-5 times a week.
PT training, excellent challenge - strength and balance
Eating healthy
Tennis and activities with boys

Spirit
Continuing faith journey
RCIA sponsor for two candidates
Lighthouse CD-s spreading the faith.
Working on my prayer life-
Lifted up by friends irl and online to reach higher.

I am so blessed.

No comments:


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive