I took a break over the weekend, which actually was nice.
I went to Jazzercise on Monday, though subbed for the Class Manager, so signed people in. A new woman signed up to join (that is good!) but it took me a half hour to get her signed up and her automatic debit set up.. so I missed half the class! Oh, well the priced paid to have the glorious title and discount of a Jazzercise Class Manager.. lol
But I made up for it with step class yesterday. I felt great and pushed it, plus Carole had a hard routine. I burned 400 cal, instead of my usual 350.
DOMS- my legs are very sore today as we did a lot of leg work.
I found some insight for my dicipline in eating in an unlikely place. The first habit of Proactivity in Stephen Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
I had forgotton how deep that book is, as I have not picked it up in over 10 years. He talked about doing everything in your life based on your principles and character. That includes keeping promises, even those made to yourself. Combining that with his idea of not being 'reactive' but 'proactive' really hit home with me.
He says to stop and think and seperate when a stimulus causes you to react. This could be any negative stimulus that might cause one toward anger, etc. I found this applies to emotional eating, or eating for 'energy'. Stop, think, seperate, and keep your promises.
Anyway, still reading, but I found it interesting.
Of course, then I made a Chocolate Silk Pie for Bryan.. and had to taste it. But that is ok and part of life. And I was happy. I would put the recipe up but it is defintily NOT healthy, except for the chocolate.. lol
Thought for the Day
"Good friends are good for your health."
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Contributors- (Email Leonie or Cindy to join)
- ► 2009 (56)
- ► 2008 (112)
- Grumpy Steps!
- Fed Up and Seven Habits
- Taebo and the FIRM..
- I will...
- I don't
- Spirituality of Sport
- Exercising with Kids
- Nice Active Day
- Workout check in. :-)
- Healthy family dinners
- Am I in?
- This one is for the walkers!
- A week of healthy eating.
- Walkin' Fiend
- Swimming by Woods on a Snowy Morning
- Workouts/Seven Habits
- DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
- Food stuff.
- If you come to a fork in the road...
- Welcome Rachel!
- Natural Exercise
- What I've Been Doing..
- Jumping In
- Review of Taebo Ultimate Abs and Behind!
- Have to share!
- A Turbo Jam workout today.
- My Good Deed
- Monday, Monday (except now it's Tuesday)
- Step today
- Another Ultimate Taebo ..
- Ultimate Turbo... Pant Pant!
- Workout Plan for the Week
- And yet another workout...
- Another workout.
- Workouts and books
- Check in
- Jazzercise today and my new DVDs
- More Taebo workouts..
- Workout check in
- Going Deep- Eating to be 'Nurtured'
- Billy Blanks 10 Words of Wisdom
- Backwards Workout
- 10 Days to a New You
- Down Days
- The FIRM Workouts
- Workout Check in
- Enjoy food
- Planning and Goals--Simple is Better
- Workouts- Yesterday Off, Today a Double!
- Three Berry Scones
- 7 Behaviors identified by University of Colorado f...
- Today- Jan 1
- Workout yesterday and today...
- Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- Monday Weigh In
- Workout calendars
- ▼ January (65)