A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Workouts/Seven Habits

I took a break over the weekend, which actually was nice.

I went to Jazzercise on Monday, though subbed for the Class Manager, so signed people in. A new woman signed up to join (that is good!) but it took me a half hour to get her signed up and her automatic debit set up.. so I missed half the class! Oh, well the priced paid to have the glorious title and discount of a Jazzercise Class Manager.. lol

But I made up for it with step class yesterday. I felt great and pushed it, plus Carole had a hard routine. I burned 400 cal, instead of my usual 350.

DOMS- my legs are very sore today as we did a lot of leg work.

I found some insight for my dicipline in eating in an unlikely place. The first habit of Proactivity in Stephen Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.

I had forgotton how deep that book is, as I have not picked it up in over 10 years. He talked about doing everything in your life based on your principles and character. That includes keeping promises, even those made to yourself. Combining that with his idea of not being 'reactive' but 'proactive' really hit home with me.

He says to stop and think and seperate when a stimulus causes you to react. This could be any negative stimulus that might cause one toward anger, etc. I found this applies to emotional eating, or eating for 'energy'. Stop, think, seperate, and keep your promises.

Anyway, still reading, but I found it interesting.

Of course, then I made a Chocolate Silk Pie for Bryan.. and had to taste it. But that is ok and part of life. And I was happy. I would put the recipe up but it is defintily NOT healthy, except for the chocolate.. lol

2 comments:

Rachel May said...

Just reading about the pie makes my mouth water. I think I'll have to pick up that book.

Leonie said...

I love the 7 Habits book - Alexander and Jonathon have re-read the teens one these holidays.


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive