A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Updates


Well, yesterday, I was down. Sad at my older sons leaving to return interstate after the hols. Cried all through Mass last night.
What does this have to do with fitness?

I ate too much takeaway dinner and too much chocolate - and I just about never eat chocolate!

It is as though eating will fill the hole, help me deal with sadness. Yeah, right. And I kept thinking - who can be bothered with taking time to make healthy choices, I'll go back to healthy eating tomorrow.

So, here I am. Back to healthy eating today.

My workout yesterday was another FIRM -
Supercharged Sculpting from the 2004 Transfirmer Series. I added in a bonus ab section from one of the other workouts from this series.

I have decided to loosely follow the FIRM rotation I posted earlier - probably not the whole 90 Day rotation but at least the first month ( 30 days). Subbing in other workouts of the same category if I don't wanna do a FIRM workout.

The FIRM was originally planned to be done almost daily - using light-ish weights or alternating light and heavy. This is the theory of overtraining - building muscle definition and endurance and achieving fat loss, not building bigger muscle. Overtraining defies the rule of rest between weight workouts - hence the need not to go too heavy.

Woke up with a mild case of DOMS ( Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) - not because the workouts are hard in and of themselves but because of the overtraining factor, three days in a row of weights and cardio and abs. I love DOMS! Makes me feel worked out.

Workout plan for today is cardio ( FIRM or Taebo or Turbo Jam) and more abs.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Leonie---

Oh, I can imagine how hard it is with your boys leaving. I already worry about that day which will come soon for me.

I loved what you said on your other blog.. that this is another part of 'giving'. Giving is sacrificing and giving means letting them go.

I am praying for you- for peace. I know it will come and know you know to. This is cliche, but I have to say it anyway. Thank God for the family we have that we enjoy them and have them to miss.

I know that doesn't really help, but I am thinking of you.

God Bless,

Cindy said...

oh, and you are right on about food filling that emotional need.

And GOOD FOR YOU!! getting right back on to healthy eating and living. That is the key.. to keep going and making those choices even after down times.

Ok, now I am going to try and take my own advice. :0

Leonie said...

Lol! Cindy - and thank you for your thoughts and support...


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive