A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Monday, Monday (except now it's Tuesday)

Poor Monday always gets a bad rap. We pile so many hopes on Monday that by Sunday night they are already sliding into Tuesday. For that reason I try to be gentle on my Mondays...don't expect more than they can give...except when it comes to my workout.

If I don't get my Monday workout in, I can't seem to pull things together for the rest of the week exercisewise. And that wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that in the past month there have been 3 Federal Holidays on Monday so the pool (my current fitness muse) is closed.

Yesterday I decided that instead of letting Martin Luther King, Jr. Day get me down, I would run with the boys. And what a fun that is! All we have to do is step out our door to run on a flat half-mile loop, and they think it is the greatest thing in the world to run with Mom. They leap like mountain goats up and down the curb and over imaginary hurdles on the sidewalk. After a mile, they were tired (I don't blame them, so was I) so I dropped them off and ran two more laps on my own. It wasn't as fun as the first mile, but the sense of accomplishment was worth it. And I'm hoping that a little cross-training will help improve my kick.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow Leoinie.. you can outrun your boys???

And you celebrate MLK in Australia? I didn't know!

Go Girl!

Leonie said...

Ah, CIndy - that was Rachel's post! lol!

Rachel - welcome! I know what you mean about the worout setting off the day and the week - and what a great run with your kids! I like to (try to) skateboard wth my kids and we play football and cricket and basketball together - the young adult sons run rings around me but I can still give the next four a run for their money!

Cindy said...

Leonie-

I didn't know you used the pool. Do you swim laps?

Cindy said...

I love playing tennis with my boys.. when they will. They find me more competitive (in a nice mommy way lol) than them so aren't as into games as I am. But it is so cool as they get better than me. They can slice and topspin and hit strategcially.. and I just try to whallop it over the net. lol

So fun... Now I am showing my oldest some weight training moves I have learned and Diane gave me some exercises they might like.

Fun to share this part of life.

Cindy said...

HI Rachel!
Hope you can join us on the blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I just figured out that was Rachel's post.. call me dense! lolCindy


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive