A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Monday, January 1, 2007

Workout yesterday and today...




Traditional Taebo moves mixed with military style drills and calisthenics. Jogging in place. Jumping jacks. Burpees or squat thrusts. Push ups.


Some use of resistance bands, high rep low weight upper body work. Abs and floorwork .


The workout is 55 minutes and a good bootcamp and kickboxing routine. You feel like you really used your workout time efficiently!


Billy is very motivating in this one - and very bootcamp - give me 10 - cadence - are you quitting on me??


He reminds us, at the cooldown, that "Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind'll put me."


IOW, we use our mind and will to make the right choices - eating right and working out for health and fitness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like his philosophy, Leonie. You have spoken highly of him before.. can't wait to get my dvd from the library.

Yes, part of this for me is to have reasonable goals and postiive attitude and do this for the right reasons. Peace, in mind, body and spirit. Nice!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh.. and GREAT JOB on the workout! It sound invigorating! Go----!

Cindy

Leonie said...

BB is a Christian and is very motivating - his personal fitness story is a real motivator for me. :-)


A balance of Mind-Body-Spirit

Thought for the Day


"Good friends are good for your health."

~Irwin Sarason

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't shoot their husbands!"

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

Blog Archive